Definitions of shiver:
- noun: reflex shaking caused by cold or fear or excitement
- noun: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
- verb: shake, as from cold
Example: "The children are shivering--turn on the heat!"
- verb: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6838)
Search for shiver at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse