Definitions of shining:
- noun: the work of making something shine by polishing it
Example: "The shining of shoes provided a meager living"
- adjective: marked by exceptional merit
Example: "Had shining virtues and few faults"
- adjective: abounding with sunlight
Example: "One shining norming- John Muir"
- adjective: made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow
Example: "Rows of shining glasses"
- adjective: reflecting light
Example: "Shining white enamel"
Search for shining at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse