Definitions of shelter:
- noun: a structure that provides privacy and protection from danger
- noun: protective covering that provides protection from the weather
- noun: temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons
- noun: a way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings
- noun: the condition of being protected
- verb: invest (money) so that it is not taxable
- verb: provide shelter for
Example: "After the earthquake, the government could not provide shelter for the thousands of homeless people"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #60311)
Search for shelter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse