Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sheet:
- noun: bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
- noun: (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- noun: a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
- noun: used for writing or printing
- noun: any broad thin expanse or surface
Example: "A sheet of ice"
- noun: (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape
- noun: newspaper with half-size pages
- noun: a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- verb: come down as if in sheets
Example: "The rain was sheeting down during the monsoon"
- verb: cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping
Example: "Sheet the body"
Search for sheet at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for sheet (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: Rosarito Beach - A community south of the border
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse