Definitions of shed:
- noun: an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
- verb: cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
Example: "Out dog sheds every Spring"
- verb: get rid of
Example: "He shed his image as a pushy boss"
- verb: cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over
- verb: pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities
Example: "Shed tears"
- adjective: shed at an early stage of development
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36857)
Search for shed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse