Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of share:
- noun: assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
Example: "He wanted his share in cash"
- noun: any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate
Example: "He bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- noun: any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor
Example: "They all did their share of the work"
- noun: the result of parcelling out or sharing
Example: "Death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
- noun: a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
- verb: give out as one's portion or share
- verb: use jointly or in common
- verb: have in common
Example: "Our children share a love of music"
- verb: communicate
Example: "I'd like to share this idea with you"
- verb: have, give, or receive a share of
Example: "We shared the cake"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #60336)
Search for share at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse