Definitions of shame:
- noun: a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt
- noun: a state of dishonor
Example: "One mistake brought shame to all his family"
- noun: an unfortunate development
- verb: compel through a sense of shame
Example: "She shamed him into making amends"
- verb: surpass or beat by a wide margin
- verb: cause to be ashamed
- verb: bring shame or dishonor upon
Search for shame at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse