Definitions of shallow:
- noun: a stretch of shallow water
- verb: become shallow
Example: "The lake shallowed over time"
- verb: make shallow
Example: "The silt shallowed the canal"
- adjective: lacking depth of intellect or knowledge; concerned only with what is obvious
Example: "Shallow people"
- adjective: lacking physical depth; having little spatial extension downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or outward from a center
Example: "Shallow water"
- adjective: not deep or strong; not affecting one deeply
Example: "Shallow breathing"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45461)
Search for shallow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse