Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of settlement:
- noun: something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making
Example: "The finally reached a settlement with the union"
- noun: a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it
- noun: an area where a group of families live together
- noun: termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities
- noun: a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government
- noun: the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies
- noun: a community of people smaller than a town
Search for settlement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...