Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sequence:
- noun: film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- noun: a following of one thing after another in time
Example: "The doctor saw a sequence of patients"
- noun: several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys
- noun: serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern
Example: "The sequence of names was alphabetical"
- noun: the action of following in order
Example: "He played the trumps in sequence"
- verb: arrange in a sequence
- verb: determine the order of constituents in
Example: "They sequenced the human genome"
Search for sequence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...