Definitions of separation:
- noun: the act of dividing or disconnecting
- noun: the social act of separating or parting company
Example: "The separation of church and state"
- noun: sorting one thing from others
Example: "The separation of wheat from chaff"
- noun: termination of employment (by resignation or dismissal)
- noun: coming apart
- noun: the space where a division or parting occurs
Example: "He hid in the separation between walls"
- noun: the state of lacking unity
- noun: (law) the cessation of cohabitation of man and wife (either by mutual agreement or under a court order)
- noun: the distance between things
Example: "Fragile items require separation and cushioning"
Search for separation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse