Write a poem about the vaccine to earn money for your community.
Definitions of seize:
- verb: affect
Example: "Fear seized the prisoners"
- verb: take hold of; grab
Example: "The salesclerk quickly seized the money on the counter"
- verb: take or capture by force
Example: "The terrorists seized the politicians"
- verb: hook by a pull on the line
- verb: capture the attention or imagination of
Example: "The movie seized my imagination"
- verb: take possession of by force, as after an invasion
Example: "The invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"
- verb: seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one's right or possession
Example: "She seized control of the throne after her husband died"
- verb: take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority
Example: "The FBI seized the drugs"
Search for seize at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse