Definitions of secure:
- verb: assure payment of
- verb: get by special effort
- verb: furnish with battens
- verb: cause to be firmly attached
- verb: fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug
- verb: make certain of
- adjective: free from fear or doubt; easy in mind
Example: "Secure himself, he went out of his way to help others"
- adjective: free from danger or risk
Example: "Secure from harm"
- adjective: not likely to fail or give way
Example: "The lock was secure"
- adjective: kept safe or defended from danger or injury or loss
- adjective: able to withstand attack
- adjective: financially sound
Example: "A secure investment"
Search for secure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse