Definitions of screw:
- noun: a fastener with a tapered threaded shank and a slotted head
- noun: a propeller with several angled blades that rotates to push against water or air
- noun: a simple machine of the inclined-plane type consisting of a spirally threaded cylindrical rod that engages with a similarly threaded hole
- noun: slang terms for sexual intercourse
- noun: someone who guards prisoners
- verb: tighten or fasten by means of screwing motions
Example: "Screw the bottle cap on"
- verb: cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion
Example: "Drive in screws or bolts"
- verb: turn like a screw
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
- verb: defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
Search for screw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse