Definitions of savage:
- noun: a member of an uncivilized people
- noun: a cruelly rapacious person
- verb: criticize harshly or violently
Example: "The press savaged the new President"
- verb: attack brutally and fiercely
- adjective: wild and menacing
- adjective: without civilizing influences
Example: "A savage people"
- adjective: marked by extreme and violent energy
- adjective: (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering
Example: "A savage slap"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #582)
Search for savage at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse