Synonyms / Related
Definitions of sashay:
- noun: a square dance figure; partners circle each other taking sideways steps
- noun: (ballet) quick gliding steps with one foot always leading
- noun: a journey taken for pleasure
Example: "After cautious sashays into the field"
- verb: move sideways
- verb: perform a chasse step, in ballet
- verb: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others
Search for sashay at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...