Try out Spruce, our experimental quotations and lyrics search engine.
Definitions of sale:
- noun: a particular instance of selling
Example: "He has just made his first sale"
- noun: the general activity of selling
Example: "They tried to boost sales"
- noun: an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices
Example: "They held a sale to reduce their inventory"
- noun: an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)
Example: "The salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office"
- noun: the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling
Example: "You'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7304)
Search for sale at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse