Definitions of sail:
- noun: a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- noun: an ocean trip taken for pleasure
- verb: traverse or travel by ship on (a body of water)
Example: "We sailed the Atlantic"
- verb: travel in a boat propelled by wind
Example: "I love sailing, especially on the open sea"
- verb: travel by boat on a boat propelled by wind or by other means
Example: "The QE2 will sail to Southampton tomorrow"
- verb: move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions
Example: "Shreds of paper sailed through the air"
Search for sail at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse