Definitions of sacred:
- adjective: concerned with religion or religious purposes
Example: "Sacred texts"
- adjective: worthy of respect or dedication
Example: "Saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
- adjective: (often followed by `to') devoted exclusively to a single use or purpose or person
Example: "A fund sacred to charity"
- adjective: made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use
Example: "The sacred mosque"
- adjective: worthy of religious veneration
Example: "The sacred name of Jesus"
Search for sacred at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse