Definitions of rue:
- noun: (French) a street or road in France
- noun: leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
- noun: European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves; an irritant similar to poison ivy
- noun: sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
Example: "To his rue, the error cost him the game"
- verb: feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5767)
Search for rue at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse