Definitions of row:
- noun: a continuous chronological succession without an interruption
Example: "They won the championship three years in a row"
- noun: an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line
Example: "A row of chairs"
- noun: a linear array of numbers side by side
- noun: a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally)
Example: "A mackerel sky filled with rows of clouds"
- noun: the act of rowing as a sport
- noun: (construction) a layer of masonry
- noun: an angry dispute
- verb: propel with oars
Example: "Row the boat across the lake"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18472)
Search for row at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse