Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of round:
- noun: the usual activities in your day
Example: "The doctor made his rounds"
- noun: (often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order)
Example: "The doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning"
- noun: a charge of ammunition for a single shot
- noun: an outburst of applause
Example: "There was a round of applause"
- noun: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
Example: "They enjoyed singing rounds"
- noun: a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
- noun: a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic)
Example: "He ordered a second round"
- noun: the course along which communications spread
Example: "The story is going the rounds in Washington"
- noun: the activity of playing 18 holes of golf
Example: "A round of golf takes about 4 hours"
- noun: any circular or rotating mechanism
- noun: a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
- noun: a regular route for a sentry or policeman
- noun: (sports) a period of play during which one team is on the offensive
- noun: an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
- verb: become round, plump, or shapely
- verb: pronounce with rounded lips
- verb: make round
Example: "Round the edges"
- verb: wind around; move along a circular course
Example: "Round the bend"
- verb: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
- verb: attack in speech or writing
- verb: express as a round number
Example: "Round off the amount"
- verb: be around
Example: "Developments surround the town"
- adjective: having a circular shape
- adjective: (of numbers) to the nearest ten, hundred, or thousand
Example: "In round numbers"
- adjective: (of sounds) full and rich
- adverb: from beginning to end; throughout
Example: "It rains all year round on Skye"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #23435)
Search for round at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for round (New!)
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse