Definitions of rolling:
- noun: the act of robbing a helpless person
Example: "He was charged with rolling drunks in the park"
- noun: propelling something on wheels
- noun: a deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells)
- adjective: moving in surges and billows and rolls
Example: "The rolling fog"
- adjective: uttered with a trill
Example: "She used rolling r's as in Spanish"
- adjective: characterized by reverberation
Example: "Hear the rolling thunder"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10991)
Search for rolling at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse