Definitions of roar:
- noun: the sound made by a lion
- noun: a deep prolonged loud noise
- noun: a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal)
- verb: laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
- verb: make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles
Example: "The water roared down the chute"
- verb: act or proceed in a riotous, turbulent, or disorderly way
Example: "Desperadoes from the hills regularly roared in to take over the town-R.A.Billington"
- verb: utter words loudly and forcefully
Example: "`Get out of here,' he roared"
- verb: make a loud noise, as of animal
- verb: emit long loud cries
Search for roar at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse