The couplet contest goes meta: This month's theme is procrastination
Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of ride:
- noun: a mechanical device that you ride for amusement or excitement
- noun: a journey in a vehicle driven by someone else
- verb: climb up on the body
Example: "Shorts that ride up"
- verb: sit on and control a vehicle
Example: "He rides his bicycle to work every day"
- verb: continue undisturbed and without interference
Example: "Let it ride"
- verb: lie moored or anchored
Example: "Ship rides at anchor"
- verb: be sustained or supported or borne
- verb: copulate with
- verb: keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot
Example: "Don't ride the clutch!"
- verb: move like a floating object
- verb: ride over, along, or through
Example: "Ride the freeways of California"
- verb: be carried or travel on or in a vehicle
Example: "I ride to work in a bus"
- verb: sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
Example: "Did you ever ride a camel?"
- verb: harass with persistent criticism or carping
Example: "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"
- verb: have certain properties when driven
Example: "This car rides smoothly"
- verb: be contingent on
Example: "The outcomes rides on the results of the electin"
Search for ride at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse