Synonyms / Related
Definitions of rice:
- noun: grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished
- noun: United States playwright (1892-1967)
- noun: English lyricist who frequently worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber (born in 1944)
- noun: annual or perennial rhizomatous marsh grasses; seed used for food; straw used for paper
- verb: sieve so that it becomes the consistency of rice
Example: "Rice the potatoes"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 1562 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #146)
Search for rice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...