Lyrics and poems
Definitions of review:
- noun: practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- noun: (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- noun: an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play)
- noun: a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- noun: (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- noun: a formal or official examination
Example: "The platoon stood ready for review"
- noun: a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians
- noun: a new appraisal or evaluation
- noun: a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- noun: a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment
- verb: look at again; examine again
Example: "Let's review your situation"
- verb: look back upon (a period of time, sequence of events, etc.); remember
Example: "She reviewed her achievements with pride"
- verb: hold a review (of troops)
- verb: refresh one's memory
Example: "I reviewed the material before the test"
- verb: appraise critically
Example: "She reviews books for the New York Times"
Search for review at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for review (New!)
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse