Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of retrofit:
- noun: the act of adding a component or accessory to something that did not have it when it was manufactured
Example: "The court ordered a retrofit on all automobiles"
- noun: a component or accessory added to something after it has been manufactured
- verb: provide with parts, devices, or equipment not available or in use at the time of the original manufacture
Example: "They car companies retrofitted all the old models with new carburetors"
- verb: substitute new or modernized parts or equipment for older ones
Example: "The laboratory retrofitted to meet the safety codes"
- verb: fit in or on an existing structure, such as an older house
Example: "The mansion was retrofitted with modern plumbing"
Search for retrofit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...