Definitions of Republican:
- noun: a tributary of the Kansas River that flows from eastern Colorado eastward through Nebraska and Kansas
- noun: an advocate of a republic (usually in opposition to a monarchy)
- noun: a member of the Republican Party
- adjective: relating to or belonging to the Republican Party
Example: "A Republican senator"
- adjective: having the supreme power lying in the body of citizens entitled to vote for officers and representatives responsible to them or characteristic of such government
Example: "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government- United States Constitution"
Search for Republican at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse