Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of repose:
- noun: a disposition free from stress or emotion
- noun: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
Example: "Took his repose by the swimming pool"
- noun: the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- verb: put or confide something in a person or thing
Example: "These philosophers reposed the law in the people"
- verb: to put something (eg trust) in something
Example: "The nation reposed its confidence in the King"
- verb: lie when dead
Example: "Mao reposes in his mausoleum"
- verb: lean in a comfortable resting position
- verb: be inherent or innate in;
- verb: put in a horizontal position
Search for repose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for repose (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse