Definitions of repose:
- noun: a disposition free from stress or emotion
- noun: freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility)
Example: "Took his repose by the swimming pool"
- noun: the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- verb: put or confide something in a person or thing
Example: "These philosophers reposed the law in the people"
- verb: to put something (eg trust) in something
Example: "The nation reposed its confidence in the King"
- verb: lie when dead
Example: "Mao reposes in his mausoleum"
- verb: lean in a comfortable resting position
- verb: be inherent or innate in;
- verb: put in a horizontal position
Search for repose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse