Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of render:
- noun: a substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
- verb: give back
Example: "Render money"
- verb: make over as a return
Example: "They had to render the estate"
- verb: pass down
Example: "Render a verdict"
- verb: cause to become
Example: "The shot rendered her immobile"
- verb: coat with plastic or cement
Example: "Render the brick walls in the den"
- verb: give or supply
Example: "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- verb: melt (fat, lard, etc.) in order to separate out impurities
Example: "Render fat in a casserole"
- verb: bestow
Example: "Render thanks"
- verb: give an interpretation or rendition of
Example: "The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
- verb: provide or furnish with
- verb: restate (words) from one language into another language
Example: "She rendered the French poem into English"
- verb: show in, or as in, a picture
Example: "The face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
- verb: to surrender someone or something to another
Example: "Render up the prisoners"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9781)
Search for render at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse