Definitions of remit:
- noun: (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
- verb: send (money) in payment
Example: "Remit $25"
- verb: diminish or abate
Example: "The pain finally remitted"
- verb: forgive
Example: "God will remit their sins"
- verb: refer (a matter or legal case) to another committe or authority or court for decision
- verb: release from (claims, debts, or taxes)
Example: "The texes were remitted"
- verb: make slack as by lessening tension or firmness
- verb: hold back to a later time
Search for remit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse