Definitions of remainder:
- noun: the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
- noun: the part of the dividend that is left over when the dividend is not evenly divisible by the divisor
- noun: something left after other parts have been taken away
Example: "There was no remainder"
- noun: a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
- verb: sell cheaply as remainders
Example: "The publisher remaindered the books"
Search for remainder at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse