Definitions of relinquish:
- verb: part with a possession or right
Example: "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"
- verb: do without or cease to hold or adhere to
Example: "Relinquish the old ideas"
- verb: relinquish to the power of another; yield to the control of another
- verb: turn away from; give up
- verb: release, as from one's grip
Example: "Relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
Search for relinquish at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse