Definitions of relieve:
- verb: take by stealing
Example: "The thief relieved me of $100"
- verb: free from a burden, evil, or distress
- verb: provide physical relief, as from pain
Example: "This pill will relieve your headaches"
- verb: alleviate or remove
Example: "Relieve the pressure and the stress"
- verb: free someone temporarily from his or her obligations
- verb: grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to
- verb: grant exemption or release to
- verb: provide relief for
- verb: relieve oneself of troubling information
- verb: save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- verb: lessen the intensity of or calm
Search for relieve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse