Definitions of reject:
- noun: the person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality
- verb: refuse entrance or membership
Example: "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
- verb: refuse to accept or acknowledge
Example: "I reject the idea of starting a war"
- verb: reject with contempt
- verb: refuse to accept
- verb: resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ
Example: "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
- verb: deem wrong or inappropriate
- verb: dismiss from consideration
Search for reject at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse