Definitions of reinforcement:
- noun: information that makes more forcible or convincing
Example: "His gestures provided eloquent reinforcement for his complaints"
- noun: a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission
- noun: an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
- noun: a device designed to provide additional strength
Example: "He used gummed reinforcements to hold the page in his notebook"
- noun: (psychology) a stimulus that strengthens or weakens the behavior that produced it
Search for reinforcement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse