Definitions of rein:
- noun: one of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse
- noun: any means of control
Example: "He took up the reins of government"
- verb: stop or check by or as if by a pull at the reins
Example: "He reined in his horses in front of the post office"
- verb: stop or slow up one's horse or oneself by or as if by pulling the reins
Example: "They reined in in front of the post office"
- verb: keep in check
- verb: control and direct with or as if by reins
Example: "Rein a horse"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11968)
Search for rein at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse