Definitions of reign:
- noun: royal authority; the dominion of a monarch
- noun: the period during which a monarch is sovereign
Example: "During the reign of Henry VIII"
- noun: a period during which something or somebody is dominant or powerful
Example: "He was helpless under the reign of his egotism"
- verb: have sovereign power
Example: "Henry VIII reigned for a long time"
- verb: be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
Example: "Money reigns supreme here"
Search for reign at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse