Definitions of regenerate:
- verb: amplify (an electron current) by causing part of the power in the output circuit to act upon the input circuit
- verb: restore strength
- verb: undergo regeneration
- verb: form or produce anew
Example: "Regenerate hatred"
- verb: be formed or shaped anew
- verb: replace (tissue or a body part) through the formation of new tissue
Example: "The snake regenerated its tail"
- verb: return to life; get or give new life or energy
- verb: re-establish on a new, usually improved, basis or make new or like new
- verb: bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
- adjective: reformed spiritually or morally
Example: "A regenerate sinner"
Search for regenerate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse