Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of reform:
- noun: a change for the better as a result of correcting abuses
Example: "Justice was for sale before the reform of the law courts"
- noun: self-improvement in behavior or morals by abandoning some vice
Example: "The family rejoiced in the drunkard's reform"
- noun: a campaign aimed to correct abuses or malpractices
Example: "The reforms he proposed were too radical for the politicians"
- verb: make changes for improvement in order to remove abuse and injustices
Example: "Reform a political system"
- verb: improve by alteration or correction of errors or defects and put into a better condition
Example: "Reform the health system in this country"
- verb: break up the molecules of
Example: "Reform oil"
- verb: produce by cracking
Example: "Reform gas"
- verb: bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
Example: "The Church reformed me"
- verb: change for the better
Example: "The lazy student promised to reform"
Search for reform at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse