Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of rectify:
- verb: math: determine the length of
Example: "Rectify a curve"
- verb: convert into direct current
Example: "Rectify alternating current"
- verb: set straight or right
Example: "Rectify the inequities in salaries"
- verb: reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
- verb: make right or correct
Example: "Rectify the calculation"
- verb: bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
Search for rectify at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse