Definitions of reciprocal:
- noun: something (a term or expression or concept) that has a reciprocal relation to something else
Example: "Risk is the reciprocal of safety"
- noun: hybridization involving a pair of crosses that reverse the sexes associated with each genotype
- noun: (mathematics) one of a pair of numbers whose product is 1: the reciprocal of 2/3 is 3/2; the multiplicative inverse of 7 is 1/7
- adjective: concerning each of two or more persons or things; especially given or done in return
Example: "Reciprocal aid"
- adjective: of or relating to the multiplicative inverse of a quantity or function
Example: "The reciprocal ratio of a:b is b:a"
- adjective: of or relating to or suggestive of complementation
Search for reciprocal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse