Definitions of Rebel:
- noun: `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War; `grayback' derived from their gray Confederate uniforms
- noun: someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action
- noun: a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority (especially in the hope of improving conditions)
- verb: take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
- verb: break with established customs
- adjective: used by northerners of Confederate soldiers
Example: "The rebel yell"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39485)
Search for Rebel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse