Definitions of rear:
- noun: the side that goes last or is not normally seen
- noun: the back of a military formation or procession
Example: "Infantrymen were in the rear"
- noun: the side of an object that is opposite its front
Example: "His room was toward the rear of the hotel"
- noun: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- noun: the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer
Example: "It was hidden in the rear of the store"
- verb: bring up
- verb: stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds
Example: "The horse reared in terror"
- verb: cause to rise up
- verb: rise up
- verb: construct, build, or erect
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42386)
Search for rear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse