Definitions of ready:
- noun: poised for action
Example: "Their guns were at the ready"
- verb: prepare for eating by applying heat
- verb: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
Example: "Get the children ready for school!"
- adjective: brought into readiness
Example: "Dinner is ready"
- adjective: completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress
Example: "Get ready"
- adjective: mentally disposed
Example: "He was ready to believe her"
- adjective: apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity
Example: "A ready wit"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6894)
Search for ready at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse