Definitions of reaction:
- noun: doing something in opposition to another way of doing it that you don't like
Example: "His style of painting was a reaction against cubism"
- noun: a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some foregoing stimulus or agent
Example: "A bad reaction to the medicine"
- noun: an idea evoked by some experience
Example: "His reaction to the news was to start planning what to do"
- noun: extreme conservatism in political or social matters
Example: "The forces of reaction carried the election"
- noun: a response that reveals a person's feelings or attitude
Example: "He was pleased by the audience's reaction to his performance"
- noun: (mechanics) the equal and opposite force that is produced when any force is applied to a body
Example: "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"
- noun: (chemistry) a process in which one or more substances are changed into others
Example: "There was a chemical reaction of the lime with the ground water"
Search for reaction at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...