Synonyms / Related
Definitions of ram:
- noun: uncastrated adult male sheep
- noun: a tool for driving or forcing something by impact
- noun: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Aries
- noun: the first sign of the zodiac which the sun enters at the vernal equinox; the sun is in this sign from about March 21 to April 19
- noun: the most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on; an integrated circuit memory chip allows information to be stored or accessed in any order and all storage locations are equally accessible
- verb: strike or drive against with a heavy impact
Example: "Ram the gate with a sledgehammer"
- verb: undergo damage or destruction on impact
- verb: force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically
Example: "She rammed her mind into focus"
- verb: crowd or pack to capacity
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21968)
Search for ram at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...