Definitions of raid:
- noun: an attempt by speculators to defraud investors
- noun: a sudden short attack
- verb: take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock
Example: "T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- verb: search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on
Example: "The police raided the crack house"
- verb: search for something needed or desired
Example: "Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"
- verb: enter someone else's territory and take spoils
Example: "The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34930)
Search for raid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse