Definitions of radiation:
- noun: the act of spreading outward from a central source
- noun: a radial arrangement of nerve fibers connecting different parts of the brain
- noun: the spread of a group of organisms into new habitats
- noun: energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
- noun: the spontaneous emission of a stream of particles or electromagnetic rays in nuclear decay
- noun: (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to radiation from a radioactive substance
- noun: syndrome resulting from exposure to ionizing radiation (e.g., exposure to radioactive chemicals or to nuclear explosions); low doses cause diarrhea and nausea and vomiting and sometimes loss of hair; greater exposure can cause sterility and cataracts and some forms of cancer and other diseases; severe exposure can cause death within hours
Example: "He was suffering from radiation"
Search for radiation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse